SelectArrow was started when Angela Slack and Homer her husband switched focus from corporate secular work to concentrate more on collating and developing their years of research into books and instructional publications and to launch the SHARE Magazine. They drew upon their accumulative expertise in printing, public relations, educational instructional development and graphic designing using their combined experience of over 40 years. They began by self publishing their own work under the name homerNangel but then decided to also help develop and launch other Christian writers hence the birth of SelectArrow.
It is a true saying that the pen is mightier than the sword. Just imagine where we would be as Christians if men of old did not take writing seriously enough to carefully and fearfully pen the words of God and the history of God’s people.
UIC hopes to:
• expose hidden gifts and talents as churches, groups and individuals interact and share;
• help God’s people identify their areas of gifting and interest so they can become a joint of supply to the wider body;
• give our youth a new sense of purpose and hope for the future as they too discover their gifts and calling in life;
• secure a bank of people and resources that can help to develop those who have a desire to move forward and be productive for God;
• in the Bible as God’s infallible Word, uniquely inspired and supremely authoritative in all matters of faith and conduct. It is a complete and sufficient revelation of all matters concerning God’s nature, His will for mankind and eternal salvation through Jesus Christ. 2 Tim 3:16, John 20:31, Rev 22:19, 2 Peter 1:21.
• in one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Gen 1:1, 2 Cor 13:14, Titus 2:13, 2 Cor 3:17,18
• Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate. This resurrection demonstrates His complete authority over sin, death and the Devil and that He is Lord over all things. He will return to earth at the end of this present age. 2 Cor 5:2l, Acts 2:23-24, 1 Cor 15:3,4, Heb 4:15 Eph 1:20,21, Matt 1.18-23, Acts 1:9-11.
• that mankind forfeited his original relationship with God when Adam the first created man disobeyed God by following the bidding of the Devil. Every person born into the world inherits this fallen status and sinful nature. All men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by accepting by faith the gift of salvation paid for by Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross.
• that Christ will return to earth at the end of time and be seen by all living people. He will resurrect every person who ever lived to face the last judgement where all mankind will give an account of their thoughts, words and deeds.